Todd E. Kennedy, Esq.
Todd E. Kennedy specializes in complex commercial litigation, including contracts, product liability, corporate governance/shareholder disputes, and antitrust litigation. Todd has extensive experience in defending class action lawsuits such as Nevada based tobacco litigation. He also has participated in complex construction litigation, healthcare litigation and intellectual property disputes. He has significant experience in all phases of litigation, including initial factual investigation, motions practice, discovery, and trial. In addition to his trial court work, Todd also has a large appellate practice. He prosecuted and argued his first appeal before the Nevada Supreme Court only a few months after passing the bar. Since then, he has participated in numerous appeals in both the Nevada Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit in a broad range of matters, as well as participating in petitions for certiorari before the United States Supreme Court. Todd’s litigation practice is driven by his competitive spirit. He always wants to win. Todd discovered and honed his competitive drive during his college years when he was a member of his university rowing team, where he sat stroke and led the UCSB Varsity Lightweight Eight to three consecutive West Coast Championships. Todd was elected team captain his senior year and went on after graduation to coach the UCSB freshman rowing team for two years. He applies the same competitive drive and work ethic to his law practice. Todd continues to be an avid sports enthusiast, including rowing, bike riding, skiing, scuba diving, hiking and camping. Todd is listed in Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation and in Super Lawyers for General Litigation. Mr. Kennedy was recently awarded the 2014 Super Lawyer designation in Business Litigation and Appeals.
- Civil Litigation
- California Western School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 1996
- Executive Editor of California Western Law Review
- Extern clerk to the Honorable David R. Thompson of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Bar of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- American Jurisprudence Awards
- California Western Academic Achievement Award in Mediation
- California Western Academic Excellence Award for 1995 and 1996
- Super Lawyers – Mountain States Attorneys for 2008, 2013 – 2016
- “Legal Elite” Southern Nevada’s Top Attorneys, 2015
- Rising Star – Mountain States Attorneys